Begin your 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Today!
- Begin Immediately
- Completely online, study when YOU want
- Fast and Easy
- Accepted in all 50 states
OSHA Accepted HAZWOPER Training!
The OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard) online training course meets regulations set by OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) for CFR 1910.120. This training course has been reviewed and accepted for online distribution for 40 hours of HAZWOPER training. Workers and employees will receive a certificate of completion that is accepted by OSHA in all 50 states.
Immediate Certificate of HAZWOPER Training
Students that complete the course will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion. This allows workers and employees to show an employer or supervisor that the required 40 Hours of OSHA approved HAZWOPER Training has been completed. The certificate will demonstrate the areas of knowledge required by the OSHA HAZWOPER standard have been met and the certification that training has been completed attaches to the student.
Who Needs the 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training?
Workers that are exposed to hazardous materials or perform activities that could expose them to hazardous substances are required to receive 40 hours of HAZWOPER training. The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training is required for employees working on:
- Clean-up operations involving hazardous substances
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations
- Voluntary clean-up operations at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Treatment, storage and disposal operations involving hazardous waste
- Emergency Response Operations potentially impacted by hazardous substances
Employee required to perform functions involving hazardous waste will need HAZWOPER Certification as required by the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Standard 1910.120 “Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.” The 29CFR1910.120 standard contains the safety requirements employers and their workers, employees or sub-contractors must meet in order to conduct clean-ups or emergency response operations.
This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. This training course has been approved by OSHA to meet the training requirements for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
40 Hour HAZWOPER Course Topics
This training covers topics included in 29 CFR 1910.120. Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response topics include:
- Purpose of OSHA
- Protection Against Hazardous Chemicals
- Safety of Workers
- Use of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- OSHA regulations
- Elimination of hazardous chemicals
- Environmental Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Recognition
- Hazardous Chemical Awareness
- Hazard & Safety Analysis
- Respiratory Protection
- Site Control
- Emergency Response
- Emergency Procedures
- Material Sampling
- Safe Work Practices
- Fire Protection
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Why 40 Hour HAZWOPER?
OSHA developed the 40 Hour HAZWOPER program to protect workers at hazardous sites and devised extensive regulations to ensure their safety and health. This training course meets OSHA standards and is OSHA Accepted. View the 40 Hour HAZWOPER course description page for all of the details regarding the online HAZWOPER training.
Thousands of students across the U.S. have used this training course to meet the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training requirements needed for HAZWOPER Certification. The Safety Online Network works with top education providers in the country to develop the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training.
40 Hour HAZWOPER Training – Subject Matter Expert
Training and OSHA Experience Overview
The subject matter expert for the course is Rick C. Knight – CEO – EZ-OSHA and International Code College. Rick has extensive experience training individuals and companies in OSHA and other related regulatory requirements.
- Electrical Contractor
- Sr. Instrumentation/Control Systems Engineer
- Lead Electrical Engineer
- Master Electrician
- Consultant / Trainer
- Government Regulatory Training / Consulting
- Electrical & General Construction Project Management
- Petro-Chem Instrumentation / Electrical Engineering
- Plastics Extrusion
- Process Controls and Instrumentation Engineering
- Nuclear & Fossil Fuel Power / Controls Engineering
- Pharmaceutical & Food / Beverage Process Controls Design
- Broadcast & Computer Design, operations, programming
Detailed Work Experience
- Consulted and trained 20,000+ individuals with various companies in OSHA, Labor Law, Workers Compensation, and other related regulatory requirements
- Provided contract training services for Texas A & M (OTC), Metropolitan Community Colleges, Red Rocks Community College, Rockhurst University, Tulsa Tech, National Seminars Group, as well as many businesses directly
- Advised numerous clients as to the appeals process and specific defenses to utilize to overturn non-legitimate citations
- Assisted many private companies in significant reductions of amounts of financial penalties associated with citations
- Developed first public webinar program approved by OSHA for the delivery of curriculum necessary to achieve issuance of OSHA 10 and 30 Hour training cards
- Project Management including preparation of Capital Expenditure Proposals, Operation Manuals, Cost Estimates, CPM & Expenditure Schedules, Specifications, and Design. Responsible for projects up to $250,000,000
- Project Engineering including Specification, Design, Procurement, Installation, Start Up, and System/Project Turn-Over
- Trained 300+ students in various specialties and basics in First Aid, Scuba, Rescue Bloodborne Pathogens, AED, and CPR
HAZWOPER 40 Training Right from Home
With the OSHA Accepted HAZWOPER 40 online training from Safety Online Network, you won’t have to leave home to meet the requirements for your job! Take the 40 hours of HAZWOPER training online and around your schedule. Log in from any computer, work at any pace and create a personalized training schedule that meets your needs.
The entire HAZWOPER 40 Training is completely online. Study whenever you want!
- Begin Immediately, Even Today!
- Easy to use
- Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week
- Complete as little, or as much, as you want
- Immediate feedback on exams
- Relevant OSHA Standards and HAZWOPER course content
The Safety Online Network training environment is interactive, so it’s not like reading a textbook. The online HAZWOPER 40 training course provides the stimulus needed to stay attentive and learn more efficiently. The training includes:
- Everything is explained in simple English
- Easy to use, regardless of computer skills
- Informative, engaging OSHA approved content
- 24/7 Technical Support
How to Get 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
To get your HAZWOPER 40 Hour online training, simply follow these steps:
- Click on the button below to Sign Up TODAY!
- Verify the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training in your shopping cart
- Complete the checkout process
- Start the training as soon as you want, it’s available IMMEDIATELY!
- Pass the final exam
- Print your Certificate of Completion of OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper
Additional Information about the HAZWOPER 40 Hour Training and OSHA Certification
All module quizzes for the 40 hours of HAZWOPER (Link to Wikipedia will open in new window) training in this course require a minimum score of 70 to proceed forward in the training. If a passing score is not achieved, the course materials may be reviewed prior to retaking the quiz. There is no delay, return to retake the quiz or review any information in the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training whenever you want.
To prove successful completion of this HAZWOPER training course, you will need to pass the final exam with a minimum score of 70. The final exam may be taken up to three times if necessary. Once a passing score has been achieved, you will receive a certificate of completion. The certificate of completion will belong to the employee, so if you change jobs, you will be able to apply this training toward certification with another employer.
In order to receive full certification, employees must have additional hands-on training in the donning, doffing, and use of the Personal Protective Equipment required for their job site or sites in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120. For more information, please see the OSHA HAZWOPER FAQs and Training Frequently Asked Questions (Links to OSHA.gov will open in a new window).
There are no pre-requisite requirements for this HAZWOPER training course. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to print your certificate. Keep one copy for personal records and submit a copy to the employer to demonstrate proper completion of the training required.
OSHA does not approve, certify, or endorse any individual trainers or training programs. OSHA does not even keep a list of training providers. However, OSHA has approved this course to meet the training requirements for the 40 Hours of HAZWOPER Training, that can be applied to certification.
Have a Question about the 40 Hour HAZWOPER Online Training Class?
If you have a question about the online safety training class that has not been described on this page, here are a few options for you:
- Visit the detailed 40 Hour HAZWOPER course description page
- Contact our Live Chat for Online Safety Training Class Questions
- Contact Sales by phone at (866) 959-6230
- Email us at [email protected]
Other Online Training from Safety Online Network
HAZWOPER 8 Hour Refresher & HAZWOPER 24 Hour Training Courses
Not everyone needs the 40 hours of training to receive or maintain certification. Once certified, it is necessary to complete an annual refresher course – HAZWOPER 8 Hour Refresher. Employees limited to a specific task or workers on fully characterized sites with no hazards above acceptable levels require only 24 hours of training – HAZWOPER 24 Hour. Each of these courses are offered by Safety Online Network in the same highly interactive, online format.